I/we declare that:
- I/We acknowledge and agree that the information provided in this application is true and correct in every respect and that I/we have not withheld any information that may affect the decision to approve or decline my application for finance.
- I/We have also disclosed any other names I am known under.
- I/We are aware that if we have deliberately provided false information in this application, I/we could facefraud or dishonesty charges in the courts.
- I/We acknowledge that the ability to make the repayment under the proposed loan contract is reasonable and if required, I/we can adjust discretionary spending to meet the scheduled loan repayments.
- I/We acknowledge that I/we am/are protected by Responsible Lending Laws and that because of these protections the recommendations given to me/us about this loan contract is not Regulated Financial Advice. This means that duties and requirements imposed on those who give financial advice do not apply to these recommendations. This includes a duty to comply with a code of conduct and a requirement to be licensed.
Privacy Act Acknowledgement, Authorisation and How the Information Will Be Used by Onyx Finance Ltd
- I/We authorise Onyx Finance Ltd and all related companies (as defined in the Companies Act 1993) to use anddisclose the personal information I have provided to undertake all necessary enquiries and request, collect,check and exchange information (both now and in the future), including but not limited to personal, commercialand financial information about me and references, from:
- Any Credit Reporting Agency credit provider The NZTA (NZ Transport Agency),
- Ministry of Justice,
- My employer(s),
- Or any other source
- I/We understand and authorise Onyx Finance Ltd to assess my creditworthiness, providing credit to me,administering and enforcing this Agreement, offering me insurance, maintaining credit records with Onyx Finance,a related company and external agencies, marketing goods and services provided by OnyxFinance, a related companyor any other supplier nominated by us.
- I/We also authorise Onyx Finance to disclose information about any loan arising out of this application to anypotential assignee of this loan, guarantor or to any person providing services in connection with refinancingthis loan, or to any person or organisation I have authorised to obtain information, at any time in the future.
- I/We acknowledge and agree that in order to facilitate a Credit Reporting Agency’s credit reporting servicesOnyx Finance will disclose to such agency information about me for that purpose, including any updates of suchinformation. The Credit Reporting Agency will hold that information on their systems for that purpose. OnyxFinance will also collect and disclose my positive credit information including repayment history to creditreporters. If I default in my payment obligations to Onyx Finance, I understand that the information about thatdefault may be given to any Credit Reporting Agency and they may give that information about my default to otherCredit Reporting Agency customers.
- I/We understand that Onyx Finance will meet its obligations to me under the Privacy Act 2020
- I/We understand that such information will be held by Onyx Finance at their business address and by otherparties for the purposes described above.
- I/We understand that I have the right to access and correct personal information held about me in accordancewith the Privacy Act 2020
- I/We I confirm that I do not have any outstanding traffic, parking or other fines, do not have a criminal recordand am not a undischarged bankrupt
Personal Property Securities Act 1999
- I/We waive my right to receive Verification Statements or Financing Change Statements under the PPSA. Iacknowledge that I am able to request such statements by contacting Onyx Finance in writing.
- I/We agree that Onyx Finance may use electronic communication (including email and SMS/text message) for thepurpose of making disclosure to me pursuant to the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003, providing mewith notices and/or changes to Onyx Finance Terms and Conditions and/or any other reason such as marketing ofservices and products.
- The internet is used on a day to day basis and it’s important to us to assist our customers to retain theirprivacy when using our website. We are committed to protecting your privacy by complying with the Privacy Act2020.
Information We Collect
- Please carefully read the information requested on the application as all this information may be forwarded to athird party, this will include your credit report, your full name, date of birth, drivers licence details,number of dependants, address history, employment history, contact details, your financial liabilities andassets, your financial monthly income and expenditure and any personal additional information that you maysupply.
- Personal information that our site collects is the applicants full name and date of birth, driver’s licensenumber, current residence, home address and the term the applicant has been living at that address, previousaddress and term the applicant lived at the address, all phone numbers, e-mail address, employees detailsincluding phone numbers, previous employer, partner’s employer (if a joint application), phone number, number ofdependants. It will also collect all your financial details – monthly income for applicant and partner (if ajoint application) and Other Income, Monthly expenses, Rates/ Insurances, HP/Credit Cards, Other expenses. AlsoAssets, Home/Contents/Vehicle/Other and Liabilities, Mortgage/Rent/HP – Credit Cards/Other. All the informationthat our site collects is on the application page. We will collect any information directly from you, unlessotherwise authorised by you or the law. We collect your information in a lawful manner.
How this information will be used
- The information collected from applicants will be used by the employees of Onyx Finance Ltd and any third partyfinance companies that the application may be submitted to for the purpose of obtaining credit.
- Company Transferring Data to Third Party Companies. I/We understand that the personal information may betransmitted between ourselves or by you to any third party (for assessing credit and for obtaining finance)using facsimile and/or electronic mail. I/ We acknowledge that there are security risks associated with theelectronic and facsimile transmission of information.
- Re-marketing providing you with information about our products and services, and in some cases, the products andservices of selected third parties.
- Opting Out or to Modify Personal Information- If you are not happy with any of the above or wish to opt-out,please do not hit the submit key or if you wish to edit the application please do so before submitting. We arevery happy to discuss any concerns that you may have by phoning 06 354 2129 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in writing to Onyx Finance Ltd, PO Box 1714, Palmerston North.
- Opting Out Marketing Media – If you have received any marketing information which you do not wish to receive andrequire an ‘opt out’ option, please phone us on 06 354 2129 or emailing email@example.com or in writing toOnyx Finance Ltd, PO Box 1714, Palmerston North.
Sharing Your Information
- Generally, we will only disclose your personal information with your consent or if required or as permitted byNew Zealand law.
Links to other Websites
- Our site may contain a number of links to third party websites and online resources that are not owned orcontrolled by Onyx Finance. If we have provided links to any third party site for your assistance, this does notimply that we share or endorse the opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites. We therefore donot assume responsibility for the content or practices of any of these third parties. We strongly advise thatyou read the privacy statements of the sites you visit as a result of following a link posted on our site.
I/We acknowledge that I/We have read/accepted the above Privacy Declaration & Authorisation